Thursday, November 15, 2007

Halfway through NaNoWriMo

...And the word count is 13, 683. So all you blog-trollers should send Laura inspiring comments that will get her writing at least 2500 words a day for the next two weeks. Like today, Laura needs to make it up to at least 15,000. Come on! Don't make her pep-talk herself! She needs all of you, her faithful readers! Tell her something inspiring, like that time your dog bit you in the ass and it led to the love of your life. Or how you got hit by a car and got a lot of money for it, and then spent it all and are now mostly broke and sponging off your parents. Oh wait. That's her. Man, that's inspiring. But don't let that stop you from encouraging your good friend, Laura! She needs you! (Third-person narration in honor of Norman Mailer.)

4 comments:

Gypsy Junk Knits said...

You caaaan do it!
Do it for those of us stuck working in their parents office for less than their worth. Do it for those of us with a BFA and sit at a desk answering phones. Do it for me!

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten but was reminded over the weekend about a New Year's Eve several years ago where a close friend hit me in the head with a log.

laura said...

Thank you for the support!

Anonymous said...

I would have given you encouragement before you GAVE UP, LOSER but I forgot about your blog til just now when I was cleaning out my email.

I know many people who finished nanowrimo [some of them more than once] and am pretty sure you are at least as intelligent and blathery as any of them, if not more so, and can do it. yay, team.

you should come to karaoke again! tomorrow! it is amy-the-killer-singer's birthday and she is always entertaining and not the least bit frightening.

Impersonal details

My photo
I work with the intellectually disabled by day, and plot homemaking exploits by night. Currently my interests include mastering the art and science of cookery, and reading cookbooks. (I do some other stuff, too.)