Sunday, January 13, 2008

This one is for Dr. Wong

Hello, gentle bloggers. I know it has been quite a long time. I just have not felt inspired to tell you about my life until tonight, when my cat half-jumped on my leg and began licking the kitchen table at my house-sit. These are the things that matter.

I just went to a party with a bunch of people who like to drink a lot... On second thought, are there parties where there are people who don't like to drink a lot? And what the hell is wrong with them (please excuse my comments if you are in AA)? Anyway, there was debauchery, although less than I recall at other parties at the same locale. Maybe they're all growing up. Yup. We're all growing up. What is the Japanese method of suicide for samurai soldiers, for preserving honor? Is it seppuku?

So, any New Year's resolutions? Mine is to have better dental care. I began flossing even more, using a dental pick and scraper for that pesky tartar, and listerine twice a day, in addition to brushing. Because you can care about saving money, and being in love, and environmentalism, and being not alone when you get old, but the thing people are going to remember is your really bad dental hygiene unless you take care of that shit when you're young. So go to the dentist! What brought on this onslaught of dental superiority? The necessity for a root canal and a cavity, that's what! Eff you, all people who have never had a cavity and had their mouth drilled for hours! You know what it smells like to breathe your own ground up tooth? And feeling weird painful pressure in your jaw while your nerves are deadened with novacaine? It's lame. Again, I say, GO TO THE GOSHDARN DENTIST.

Bedtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time, this blog was getting dusty.

I started flossing last year. It's strangely addictive.

Anonymous said...

My dental care has been slacking off. I floss once a day, and brush only once a day, in the morning. I KNOW! Isn't that awful?? I resolve to at least start brushing my teeth before bed again.

Impersonal details

My photo
I work with the intellectually disabled by day, and plot homemaking exploits by night. Currently my interests include mastering the art and science of cookery, and reading cookbooks. (I do some other stuff, too.)